No More Silly Rules

Welcome to Supernaut blog's inaugural post. I'm starting this blog, like so many others, for the sole purpose of stroking my own ego. As a way of demonstrating and parading my own (self-perceived) excellence. Well, that and to share my passions with anyone out there with similar interests; record collecting and movies, I mean films, no I mean the cinema - ah, that's it!, but not necessarily those topics. Actually, anything but politics and sports. To get the blog rolling I am starting with a bit on one of my favorite 7" records, The Leather Nun's "Slow Death" EP on Industrial Records from 1979. The Leather Nun hailed from Sweden and this, their first release, is a classic. The combination of raw, primitive rock-n-roll evinced in "No Rule" and hinted at in the intro to "Ensam I Natt" coupled with the gloomy, industrial weirdness of "Slow Death" and "Death Threats" satisfies both the head-banger and art snob within. It's win win, really. As mentioned, only the intro to "Ensam I Natt" was featured on the 7". I can't say why for sure, I assume it was a spacing issue, as "Slow Death" takes up almost all of the B side at 5:40. The full-length version of "Ensam I Natt" was made available on a 12" re-issue put out by Wire Records in 1986. The 12" includes a live recording of "Slow Death" from 1980 featuring a young, breast-less Genesis P.Orridge and Monte Cazazza - on violin and synthesizer respectively. I frequently see the 7" Industrial Records version at record shops or online but rarely see the 12" re-issue on Wire. Both are worth having. I have posted an mp3 of "No Rule" and the full version of "Ensam I Natt" for your listening pleasure.
The LEATHER NUN - No Rule
The LEATHER NUN - Ensam I Natt

0 comments:

Newer Post Home